My best credentials are my satisfied clients. Some of them have been with me for almost as long as I have been working professionally. And we still collaborate closely. In translation that means over twenty years and as a copy-editor for more than half that.
I have worked with Kevin Booth from the very beginning. Kevin’s copyediting is sound and reliable, but of even more use to the new writer are his suggestions on structure and plot, which have made sure that I used my material to its best advantage. I continue to use Kevin’s services, and would recommend them not only to new authors but to anyone looking to maximise their creative writing’s impact.
— Orlando Pearson, author of ‘The Redacted Sherlock Holmes’ series.
Selected publications – translations
- “Informed consent and mental health, mainly in Spain (EU)”, International Journal of Psychiatry and Mental Health, 25 June 2020 (online open access)
- Toni de la Torre (ed.), Medicine in Television Series, Fundación Dr. Antonio Esteve, 2017
Academic publications and papers presented
- “Esencia de mujer: Revaluating Women’s Socio-Political Parameters in Post-Francoist Spain”, in The European Connection. Auckland: SELL, University of Auckland, 2008.
- “Suspiros de Lázaro: examining the role of autobiography in the reception of Javier Cercas’s Soldados de Salamina and its contribution to the recovery of collective memory in Spain.” SELL Postgraduate seminar, University of Auckland, New Zealand, 2007.
- Postgrad. BA (Hons) Comparative Literatures. University of Auckland (New Zealand), 2008. First Class Honours.
- BA (Hons) Literature. Open University (United Kingdom), 2005. First Class Honours.
- Sufficiency in Catalan (C1) Ministry of Culture, Govt of Catalonia (Spain), 2019.
- DELE Superior in Spanish (C2 equivalent), Ministry of Education and Culture (Spain), 1997.
- Dip. TEFLA (Teaching English as a Foreign Language to Adults). Cambridge RSA. Languages International, Auckland (New Zealand), 1995.
- Graphic Design for Beginners, Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design, (online, UK), 2019
- Copy-editing 2: Progress (Society for Editors and Proofreaders, online, UK), 2014
- Professional copy-editing (SfEP, UK), 2013
- Introduction to Web Editorial (SfEP, UK), 2013
- Introduction to Copy-editing (SfEP, UK), 2013
- Introduction to Publishing (Publishing Training Centre, UK), 2013.